Shreya Ghoshal at home
Bollywod playback singer who became a judge on Star Voice Of India-Chhote and The X Factor India. She has also been a mentor on Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.
She rose to fame following her win of the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, her second win after a childhood special appearance. Her debut film appearance came in 2003 with Saaya.
She has sung for Joyalukkas, the jewelry store, in five different languages.
Her father Biswajeet Ghoshal was a power plant engineer for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India and her mother is a literature post-grad. In 2015, she married Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Does Shreya Ghoshal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shreya Ghoshal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shreya started learning music at the age of 4.
- She got training in playback singing from Padmashree Late Kalyanji Bhai.
- In 1995, she won the ‘All India Light Vocal Music Competition’, which was organized by Sangam Kala Group in New Delhi.
- After shifting to Mumbai, she continued her training from Late Mukta Bhideji in Classical Hindustani Music.
- Her first studio album ‘Bendhechhi Beena’, consisting 14 songs, was released on 1 January 1998.
- She won the famous singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.’
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would have been astronaut or a genetic engineer.
- In 2003, she sang as well as featured in the song “Har Taraf Har Jagah” from the film ‘Saaya.’
- In 2011, she featured in an advertisement for jewellery store Joyalukkas, which was aired in 5 different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Telugu.
- During the 2010 Summer US tour, Shreya Ghoshal received a rare honour from the US State of Ohio. Governor Ted Strickland issued a proclamation declaring June 26 as Shreya Ghoshal Day.
- She has sung songs in many different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Malayalam.
- Apart from singing, she also judged various popular reality shows like ‘Voice Of India – Chhote Ustad’, ‘Indian Idol Junior’, and ‘Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.’