A chance to sing with Shreya Ghoshal…
Aplication form: ***
About the contest: ***
First prize winner will perform at one of the scheduled performances.
Second prize winner will win two tickets for one of the scheduled performances.
Two third prize winners will win an autographed Shreya Goshal CD per each venue.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
ZING AND SHRI BALAJI ENTERTAINMENT INVITE YOU TO
ENTER OUR CONTEST TO WIN AN OPPORTUNITY TO APPEAR ONSTAGE WITH SHREYA GHOSHAL
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
CONTEST APPLICATION FORM
Zing network and Shri Balaji Entertainment invite all singers over the age of 18 to enter this Contest and compete for the opportunity to appear onstage and perform at one of the US appearances of the beloved singer Shreya Ghoshal. Please note that all rules and procedures are subject to change at Zing’s and Shri Balaji Entertainment’s sole and absolute discretion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all singers over the age of 18 on August 29, 2012 from any geographic location in the United States where the Contest is not prohibited or restricted by law. Winners will be required to submit proof of age and proof that they are citizens or legal residents (not visitors) of the United States. You are ineligible if you, or any member of your immediate family and/or anyone living in your household, is an employee, officer, director, agent and/or representative of Shri Balaji Entertainment, Asia TV USA Ltd., Zing or any of the Zee television networks, any of the Essel Group of Companies, any sponsor of the Contest, advertising agencies, corporate sponsors, or any person or entity connected with production, administration or exhibition of the Contest, or any of the parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives of any of the foregoing entities.
2. HOW TO ENTER: In order to participate in the Contest, you must upload to http://www.zeetvusa.com/shreyaghoshalcontest/enter_contest.php a video between one (1) and three (3) minutes in length showcasing the participant performing a song in Hindi, and complete the online registration form found on the Contest website, http://www.zeetvusa.com/shreyaghoshalcontest/enter_contest.php, making sure to indicate the performance venue for which you wish to be considered. The video must showcase an eligible participant in an original and previously unpublished performance. Submissions may not (i) contain any material that is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory or otherwise offensive or likely to be detrimental to the reputation of the Contest or the Sponsor or (ii) include any trademark, logo, insignia, signage or image of any third party. Each submission may portray only the person submitting the video, and each participant hereby certifies that (i) the video is an original work portraying only such participant and no one else; (ii) the videos submitted are the property of the participant and have never been publicly exhibited or viewed; (iii) the video and the public exhibition thereof shall not infringe upon any rights of any person whatsoever. Participants may dress in such costumes as they may choose, provided that all clothing must be appropriate for public television viewing, including by minors. You may, although you need not, be a professional singer. Completed application forms must be received no later than 7 days before the performance date at your preferred venue. Incomplete applications and late entries will not be considered.
LIMITATION: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Persons entering more than once will be disqualified. All audition videos will become the property of Zing and may be exhibited at various times on the Zing network and/or other Zee television networks, and on their respective websites without additional consideration. The Sponsors reserve the right to change the structure of the Contest including without limitation by adding an additional audition round to the Contest or requesting additional performances from the participants.
3. WINNERS: Zing Network will select up to a total of twelve (12) Contest Winners – one per Event – based solely on their audition videos. Each winner will perform at one of the scheduled performances listed below (each, an “Event”). The concert venues and dates are as follows (please note that dates and venues are subject to change at any time.
Chicago, IL September 14, 2012
New Jersey September 15, 2012
Charlotte, NC September 21, 2012
New York September 22, 2012
Columbus, OH September 23, 2012
Orlando, FL September 28, 2012
Houston, TX September 29, 2012
Atlanta, GA September 30, 2012
Washington, DC October 05, 2012
Dallas, TX October 06, 2012
San Jose, CA October 07, 2012
Connecticut October 12, 2012
An initial panel of judges may make preliminary determinations. Decisions of judges will be final. Sponsors reserve the right not to select a Contest Winner for any Event. Performances of Contest Winners at the Events may be recorded and may be used without additional consideration of any kind in the creation of Zing’s programming, promotions and/or on Zing’s and Shri Balaji Entertainment’s websites. Contest Winners will be required to make themselves available to prepare for their appearances on the morning thereof (including learning a song to be designated by Shri Balaji Enterntainment. Zing may not notify those entrants who have not been selected. . All personal details and information requested by and supplied by each participant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant from the Contest or auditioning process in its sole discretion, should the participant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
In addition to the Contest Winners, a total of twelve second prize winners – one for each Event – will be selected in a random drawing from among the contestants who were not selected as Contest Winners for each Event to win two tickets to attend that Event. And a total of twenty-four third prize winners, two per Event, may be selected in a random drawing from among the contestants who were not selected as Contest Winners or second prize winners to win an autographed Shreya Ghoshal CD.
All winners will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable. Contest Winners and second prize winners will be required to bear all travel costs and expenses, including without limitation transportation to and from the appearance venue, hotels or other housing arrangements and meals. Sponsors reserve the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the Contest.
4. PRIZES : The prize(s), consisting of
(i) the opportunity to appear onstage and perform at one of Shreya Ghoshal’s US appearances, or
(ii) the opportunity to attend an Event, or
(iii) the opportunity to win an autographed CD, are non-assignable and non-transferable.
Each potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner is under the age of majority in such winner’s state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s option, the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. Failure to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within seventy-two (72) hours of prize notification will result in disqualification of the winner, and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsors may request winners to participate in online and/or interactive activities relating to their appearances, including without limitation web-casts, interviews and participation in so-called ‘chat-rooms’. Sponsor will have no liability to a winner who is unable to attend an Event for whatever reason and Zing shall be entitled to disqualify, and at the discretion of Zing replace, any such winner from the Contest at anytime.
5. LIABILITY : Each participant acknowledges that he/she is participating voluntarily and at his/her own risk, and the Sponsor shall not be responsible for any loss or injury that occurs to the participant in relation to the creation and/or exhibition of the videos or their participation at an Event or for cancellation or postponement of the Contest or any Event. By submitting an audition video and participating in the Contest, each participant, on behalf of him/herself, his/her heirs, estate, successors and assigns agrees to release and hold harmless from all liability of every nature whatsoever, including without limitation, for bodily injury, death, injury to property and other financial losses, the Sponsors, Shri Balaji Entertainment, Asia TV USA Ltd., the Zing network, the Essel Group of Companies, any sponsor of the contest or the Event, production personnel for the Event or any resulting programming, distributors or exhibitors of any such programming, advertising agencies, or any person or entity connected with production, administration or judging of the auditions, or any of the parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives of any of the foregoing entities. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any damage to a participant’s computer system caused by accessing the website or otherwise participating in the Contest, or for any computer malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the website, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. SPONSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE NOR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OR OTHERWISE SUFFERED BY ANY OF THE PARTICIPANT IN THE EVENT THAT THE PARTICIPANT IS NOT SELECTED.
6. OWNERSHIP : All right, title and interest in and to all audition videos, participants’ and interviews, performances and any embodiments thereof, including, without limitation, all taping, filming, photography and/or recording of winners’ performances and all materials created and/or provided by participants and the copyrights therein (collectively, the “Materials”), and the use and exploitation thereof shall be the sole and exclusive property of Sponsors, and participants shall have no claim or interest therein. Each participant shall promptly execute and deliver to Sponsors all documents reasonably requested for Sponsors to secure copyright protection in the Materials and to carry out the purposes hereof.
7. USE PROMOTION : By submitting a video and participating in the Contest, each participant grants Sponsors the worldwide, perpetual right to exhibit and authorize the exhibition in any and all media of such participant’s name, likeness, voice and biographical material as it appears in the Materials and for advertising, promoting and publicizing such participant’s appearances hereunder, any programming incorporating such appearances and the exhibitors of such programming, provided that Sponsors will not authorize any direct endorsement by participants of any other product or service without participant’s prior written consent. Participants will not authorize any publicity of any kind relating to their participation hereunder without Sponsors’ prior written consent. Sponsor shall have no obligation to use, distribute or exploit any submission, or if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and contestants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
8. MODIFICATION : Sponsor reserves the right to change the rules and procedures at any time. In the event an insufficient number of eligible or selectable entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from selecting winners or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein for any reason, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest. If the final application date for the Contest is advanced for any reason, including without limitation tampering or fraud, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Sponsors reserve the right to amend these Contest Rules or terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any participant. Sponsors further reserve the right to replace at their discretion any participant who for any reason fails or is disqualified from or unable to participate in an Event with a replacement, notwithstanding that such replacement may have been previously eliminated from the Contest and each participant agrees to participate as and when required by Sponsors to do so.
9. SPONSORS : Asia TV USA Ltd and the Zing network, their designees, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents and assigns (collectively referred to as “Zing” herein).
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain any legally-required winners list (after the conclusion of the Contest) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Asia TV USA Ltd./ One Penn Plaza-Suite 3501, 250 W. 34th Street, New York, NY 10119. Please specify “winners list” or “Official Rules” and the name of the Contest in your request.
11. GOVERNING LAW/ARBITRATION : ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT, THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS OR SPONSORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION BY AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN A PROCEEDING VENUED IN NEW YORK CITY. THIS AGREEMENT, THIS CONTEST AND THE RULES AND OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS AND SPONSOR SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS.
sing with Shreya Ghoshal (USA 2012 concerts)
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
(i) By submitting this online registration form and participating in the Contest process, you agree to be bound by these rules and the rules and decisions of Zing, the judges, and the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding;
(ii) This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws;
(iii) APPEARANCE DATES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE;
(iv) Neither Zing, the Sponsors, advertising agencies and persons and entities connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions nor any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, partners, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and members of each of the foregoing entities, shall be responsible for or have liability in connection with: technical failures, failure of mail or other delivery media or any other failure, for any reason, of any audition performance or entry form to reach Zing by the date indicated, or of any Winner to appear at the appearance venue; any injuries, losses or damages of any kind encountered traveling to or from the venue or of any participant being selected as a Winner or disqualified from continuing in the Contest; or any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the auditioning process or with conduct of the Contest.
Applied for people living in US only – Aug 30, 2012